Spaghetti is the ultimate quick and easy dinner idea. This recipe feature ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and is the perfect sauce for your spaghetti dinner!
Featured food story
“Making spaghetti sauce reminds me of my mom!”
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, optional
- Spaghetti noodles, for servings
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add the beef and chopped onion and brown. Drain excess grease.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire, and sugar to the skillet.
- Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Add water and stir well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chopped basil before serving, if desired.
Did you know that whole wheat pasta is a high protein grain? Whole wheat pasta contains about 7.6 grams of protein per cup of cooked pasta! Whole wheat flour is more protein than its refined counterpart, therefore it should come as no surprise that whole wheat pasta has more protein than pasta made from refined flour. For more information about high protein grains, please visit Good in Every Grain’s website.
Recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch.