Peanut butter cookies are delicious and irresistible! These soft, chewy, and tasty cookies are a fond food memory for many of us.
Featured food story
“Peanut butter cookies that my grandmother made. As a child it made me feel special.”
Yield: 24 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with silicone baking liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in peanut butter then blend in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out and shape into balls (30 grams each or nearly 2 Tbsp) then place on baking sheets spacing them 2-inches apart.
- Using a long-pronged fork flatten cookies slightly then turn fork going opposite direction and flatten just slightly again (it should create that crisscross pattern).
- Bake cookies in preheated oven, one sheet at a time, for about 9 minutes (cookies will appear pale and slightly under-baked, they’ll continue to cook slightly as they cool).
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies and an airtight container.
“No one wants to eat bread or cookies made from mouldy wheat flour, right? This food protection starts at the farm”. Ontario grain farmers may choose to spray their crops to protect their growing plants from threats that would destroy the entire field of barley, corn, oats, soybeans, or wheat. Click here to learn about why farmers choose to spray their crops.
Recipe from Cooking Classy.