Whether it is someone’s birthday, any other special occasion, or you’re simply looking to try a new dessert recipe, this decadent peanut butter cheesecake is sure to wow your tastebuds!
Featured food story
“On my birthday last year we had peanut butter cheesecake, it was a favourite memory because it was delicious and shared with friends.”
Yield: 1 cake (12-14 servings)
Prep time: 20 minutes + cooling time
Cook time: 55 minutes + chilling time
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 10-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips. Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter and sugar; spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe from Taste of Home.
Many times when you’re at the grocery store you may be bombarded with labeled stating “non GMO”, but what is a GMO? Click here to find out!