Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are ooey, gooey, delicious creations! Make memories by making these classic cookies that are sure to treat your tastebuds!
Featured food story
“Making chocolate/oatmeal cookies with our grandson. His first attempt at baking cookies. He learnt all the basics and he did most of the work. He also helped grandpa clean out the bowl and then eat them with milk.”
Yield: 36 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 2/3 cups butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt – stir into butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough (about heaping 1 tbsp), about 5 cm apart, onto prepared pans. Bake in top and bottom thirds oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Recipe from Canadian Living.
Did you know that there are 4 types of edible oats? Steel-cut oats , rolled (old-fashioned) oats, quick oats, and instant oats. Click here to learn more about the differences between each type and how to cook them.