Created by Chef Paul Lillakas.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 400 block extra firm tofu, pressed between paper towels to remove excess water
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Fried shallots
- In bowl, combine soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, miso, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and green onions. Whisk to combine.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm cubes). Place into large shallow dish (10×10 inch pan works well). Pour marinade overtop. Gently toss to 6coat and arrange in single layer. Cover and let sit in fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Reserve 3 tbsp marinade; set aside. Pour tofu and remaining marinade into pan. Cook, gently flipping frequently until caramelized on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Serve over steamed rice, salad, in lettuce wraps with stir-fried vegetables.